I wanted to make a totally unique headpiece to go with this costume I made:
It was the largest, most difficult project I've ever undertaken.
So, for some info on how I constructed the wig. I wanted a bouffant type upper, and struggled with figuring out how to do that without using pounds of yarn. What I came up with:
Then, sew them together like you would a pillow, leaving a lip of the larger one on the bottom:
Sew your pocket closed
When I had the shape I wanted, I began adding hair. That was an insane process that took a full day. Instead of braiding the ends, I would pull them through at he opposite end and chain them. I incorporated the chains throughout te hair do. Then I added some flowers to cover up a part I didn't feel like adding more hair to. :) Cheat.